Monday, April 14, 2014

Inviting All Self-Publishers: Care to Write a Guest Post?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say: a lot of you are friends I haven’t met yet, and I’d sure like to remedy that, even if it can only be through cyberspace! The internet is a big, wide world, full of incredibly talented people, and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface with my Children’ Book Experiment. At least, barely scratched the surface so far.
Please?
Maybe you’re new to this blogging thing (like me!), and would like to have more than just your mom read what you write (like me! Love you, Mom!). Maybe you’re an old hand a blogging and self-publishing and have a kernel of knowledge that you’d love to share with the rest of us. And maybe, you’ve self-published quite a bit, and feel for us at the beginning of our self-publishing journey, and just want to throw out some encouragement. Wherever you may fall, I think we can help each other out!

What does this look like for you? Well, quite simply, email me at amymross2013@gmail.com and let me know you’re interested! Then, write a blog post about either 1) what self-publishing has taught you as a person, 2) the best tips/tricks you’ve learned about self-publishing in your genre, 3) unique ways to market your book, or 4) something even cleverer that I failed to mention. I’ll choose two or three posts and notify you. I’ll upload your post (with links to your blog), and you’ll upload my post (with links to my blog). And together, we’ll RULE THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Or, you know, simply meet new people, offer useful advice/information, and expand our following a bit.

Of course, there must be rules (what can I say? I spent a lot of time working with children; establishing ground rules is essential). I think I can cover it in two simple sentences: no adult-only content and only what is helpful for building people up rather than tearing them down.

I know this is dangerous and risky. It’s possible that no one will respond and I’ll look like a doofus. It’s possible that people will respond and their writing will be so bad that I’ll cringe and develop an eyeball twitch. Or, this could be a wonderful experience.

It’s completely up to you.


(Please don’t make me look like a doofus)

1 comment: