Friday, April 11, 2014

Financial Incentives: What Can a Self-Published Author Expect to Make?

In a perfect world, we'd all only work for fun. My day job is awesome (I mean, as far as having great stories, it can't be beat), but if I didn't have to work to pay my mortgage, I bet I'd only be part time. I'd also love to be able to write as a career.

Because who doesn't want more time for this?!
Now, I realize that the level of fun probably drops substantially when you're writing to feed your family rather than writing in your spare time and only when you want to/feel inspired, but its a dream job for a lot of us.

Realistically then, what can you expect to make? Beverly Kendall did a comprehensive self publishing survey and posted the results (complete with full color charts!) at her blog. Her conclusions may surprise you! Click here to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment